The Fishgod Family

Monday, August 10, 2009

Ketchep is a vegetable


This morning started normally,
I was in a fog.
Little did I know
I’d soon have fodder for our blog.

I shuffled to the kitchen,
Where coffee smelled so sweet.
Steven followed closely,
Awaiting his coffee treat.

He got my morning coffee,
I fought to no avail.
I needed my own coffee,
I was living in hell.

I opened the fridge
And got my sacred creamer.
Steven wanted ketchep
He turned into a screamer.

I’ve long touted ketchep as a vegetable,
If you must know the truth
So when my children ask for it,
I gladly mind my youth.

I went to the couch with my coffee
Still in my fog
Steven stayed in the kitchen,
And became a refrigerator hog!

He got out the sacred ketchep.
He took it in his room.
Ketchep over everything.
He even used the broom.

Ketchep is like honey.
It gets sticky really quick.
It doesn’t come out easy.
The mop doesn’t do the trick.

If you come to visit,
I’ll share this handy tip,
Remember to lock the fridge
After EVERY single trip.

4 comments:

  1. You were a poet and I didn't even know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there are errors in it, but you just can't oppress an artist, ya know? haha!

    I was making up this poem as I was cleaning the ketchep from EVERYTHING! Little man starts back to school in 13 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God I love your stories....even the poetry!

    ReplyDelete