The Fishgod Family

Monday, August 24, 2009

And They're off!

It's true! We survived Summer 2009 at Casa de Fishgod! There were days we weren't sure everyone would survive, but somehow we made it!

The day started with the traditional first day of school breakfast---monkey bread. For those that don't know what monkey bread is, it is biscuit dough, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter layered in a dish and baked. The kids can pick it apart or can eat it with a fork. I figure every teacher deserves a room full of sugared up kiddos on their first day! After breakfast, it was time for Megan to shower, Steven to head to the bus, and Troy to go to work. Obviously, EVERYONE needs to be gone for mommy to celebrate!!!
Steven waited patiently outside for the bus....we always go out on the driveway about 5 minutes before the bus arrives as a transition. We went out at 7:25....the bus finally arrived at 7:50. Needless to say, Steven was not elated by the time the bus arrived. See picture below.

While we waited for the bus, Megan got herself ready for school. Isn't she gorgeous?!


At 8:25, I drove Megan to school. She clearly stated that she wanted to get there between 8:35-8:40 as it "not cool" to be there earlier than that. When we arrived at school at 8:31, there were very few kids there and Megan opted for me to drive around the block. I did and at 8:38, she got upset because she "was going to be late". I reminded her that she wanted to be there 8:35-8:40 and we were in that timeframe. (Not to point out the obvious, but duh!) She settled down and got out of the car hastily. But, I did worry that maybe our clock was off a few minutes from the school clock. I felt better when three other cars pulled up behind me and their kids got out too. If she was late, she wasn't the only one who was late.
Today, I am rewarding myself with loud music and some house cleaning. I know it's not that exciting, but it needs done and is so much easier when no one is around!
By 4pm, I will get Steven off the bus, go get Megan at school and go for our traditional ice cream after the first day of school.
YAY!
B



1 comment:

  1. I love the back to school traditions. How fun! You will have to post about how their days were. Hope they went well!

    ReplyDelete