The Fishgod Family

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Dentist is being initiated!!!

Steven has been poking at one of his teeth for a few days and is now picking it until it bleeds. Add to that, the aggression that he woke up with today.....evidently, something is going on with his tooth.

When most people have a toothache, they call the dentist and make an appointment. When we make a dental appointment for Steven, I interrogate the staff BEFORE we even drive there. This morning, I spoke with our new dental office. They are confident they can handle Steven's needs as a dental patient. They come highly recommended from other moms on the SEPTSA group.

I explained the situation and we have an appointment for today at 2:45. I explained that it takes extra hands to keep Steven seated during a dental visit. She offered to have one extra hygienist available to help. I laughed. She asked if I thought we needed more. I said, "well, an x-ray takes 6 people....you can decide."

Unfortunately, Troy has the team from South Africa in the office training these next two weeks. So, I guess Steven and I get to attempt this adventure on our own!

Updates later.....maybe even photos! haha!

Betsy

2 comments:

  1. Betsy! I found your blog through Kris Nelson's blog when she said you were gettin on her case for not blogging. It's so nice to see you guys are adjusting to life as Texans. We miss you guys. Keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete