The Fishgod Family

Friday, December 4, 2009

Troy's Retail Stroke









Tonight, we gave in and went to Kohl's to buy winter jackets. When the locals told us "wait until it gets really cold." we thought we could take it.
Wrong.
These are photos of our jackets. The fur lined one is Megan's. The grey one is Steven's. The black peacoat is mine. The really, really nice looking two in one coat is Troy's.
Now I should tell you that Troy hasn't really been much of a clothes shopper since we met 25 years ago. As time has gone on, I have become his personal shopper and that seems to work out okay for both of us. Tonight, I needed him there to try on jackets.
He found a jacket that he really liked.
Then he saw the price tag.
I think his blood pressure went up about 25 points! He kept saying, "But it's just a jacket!" I kept explaining that this jacket was worth every penny and he looked fabulous in it.
So, he tried on several other jackets. None of them were as comfortable as the one that gave him sticker shock. Still, he tried to put off buying a winter coat. He chose to do this on the night that our temperature should drop into the low 20s.
I did what any other wife would do. I lied to him. I told him I had a coupon and his coat was 50% off of what he thought the price was. That pacified him enough to allow me to buy it. That got us through the check out line.
He looks great in his new jacket. It kept him warm when we continued our errands tonight. But, he is still scowling two hours later.
Please be sure to comment on Troy's jacket if you see him in it or see photos of him wearing it!
Betsy
PS He has forgiven me for my little white lie about the coupon!

3 comments:

  1. You did a real good job in picking out your winter coats. Just remember,it does get cold in Texas. Make sure you have warm pants, gloves,shoes and ear muffs or hat. Troys jacket does look nice, I bet his going to have the ladies turning their heads at him.

    Good job Betsy.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap....I'll take his jacket back if the ladies are going to look at him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful jackets, but you need hoods! You'll see what I mean when the rain begins...and the wind blows your umbrella upside down...

    Ang

    ReplyDelete