The Fishgod Family

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Time Differences

South Africa is +7 hours from Texas time. When it is midnight here, it is 7 am there.

Whomever said that people with autism are rigid in their routines has been proven wrong. Evidently Troy and Steven have such a bond that Steven has adjusted his routine to match Troy's South Africa schedule.


I realized this last night when Steven woke up for the day, AGAIN, at 11:47pm. That's right folks. We have been awake for nearly 7 hours.


I try to see the positives in most situations.....fortunately, I have had nearly 7 hours to find the positive in this situation. When Troy comes home on Saturday, he and Steven will be on the same schedule. Thus, I can sleep normal people hours while the boys figure out their jetlag and join the rest of the family on Texas time!


In 2 short hours, both kids will be at school and I will be back in bed.......I need to catch at least a few hours of sleep before I try to tackle the day.




Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment