The Fishgod Family

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mixed Emotions


When Steven moved to the dorm, they recommended we not visit for 30 days to allow him time to adjust. We agreed on two weeks, meaning we would visit him next weekend.


Yesterday, we had his IEP on a conference call. They brought Steven into the room during the call and he heard my voice on the speaker phone. He kept trying to kiss the phone and said, "maaaaa". It broke my heart.


They need a few things for Steven and a few signatures from us in order for Steven to start school on Monday. I asked if they wanted us to drive down the stuff or mail it. They said to come on down. I asked if we should plan to see Steven or if they thought it would confuse him. They said he obviously misses us so we should see him.


I'm so excited to see him!

But, I'm so sad because I know we will have to say goodbye again.

And it sucks.


Megan has decided that she would like to stay home today instead of making the drive down with us. So, she will stay home and play Sims, clean her bathroom (she doesn't know this yet!!!), and watch TV. Troy and I will drive down 3 hours, visit Steven and take care of business, then drive back home this evening.


We will find out his mailing address as several people have asked for it.


Also, we are going to print out pictures to hang in Steven's room. If you would like me to include your picture, please email me your picture. I will print out and put in a Steven proof type of display.


B

4 comments:

  1. Give Steven a hug for me! Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you get to go for the day!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it!!
    Love you, Anisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have broken my heart too! It's good that you will get to see him sooner than you thought. I hope you have a great visit. Jody

    ReplyDelete