The Fishgod Family

Friday, April 16, 2010

Court Summons


We have been summoned to appear in court today. The court session is a required part of Steven's admission to the new living facility. Our case manager tells us that it's a slam dunk. Basically, the psychologist, doctor, case manager, and each of us will appear in front of a judge, and answer questions regarding why Steven is a minor living outside the home. I don't imagine it will be fun reliving and retelling our experiences in the past 12 years with autism. They will be focusing on the challenges, but we have always tried to focus on the positives and progress that Steven has made. He has progressed so much further than any of the doctors ever predicted when he was a newly diagnosed toddler. Yet, this new living arrangement is the right option for Steven.


The State of Texas requires this so that "people don't use the living facilities to dispose of an unwanted family member." OMG!


I'll be glad when today is over:)


B

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there Betsy, Just keep smile, you know in your heart what is right.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many many prayers will be going up for you today. Hope you feel the support from all of us. We will be anxious to hear how it goes.

    As always - love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be fine, though not easy, I'm sure. I will be thinking of you all. Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with you and your family today. I can only imagine what you are going through. (Actually, imagining that scenario for my own son is what keeps me awake at night sometimes.)My heart goes out to all of you.

    Trish
    (from PA)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you... Ang

    ReplyDelete