The Fishgod Family

Monday, October 26, 2009

This one is for Grandma Jane

We have had a busy week and I haven't posted.....but we are all doing great!

Megan had a great week at school last week and continues to earn straight A's. She has joined the Jr. High ministry program at church on Wednesday nights and seems to be enjoying it.

Steven also had a great week at school last week. His teacher asked if Steven likes males better than females. I told her that yes, he WORKS better with males, but LOVES females best as long as they don't try to make him work. He is using sign language more and more. He seems to enjoy the power of it and understands the cause and effect of signing. It's so cool to see him progress!

Troy is still plugging along with work. With all of the staffing reductions, he remains on call all the time. His cell phone is now his mistress....but at least she makes overtime! He has the week of Thanksgiving off (hoping that is still approved) and will get some much needed rest then.

I'm also doing well. I'm still subbing and really enjoying it. I got the pin removed from my finger last Wednesday. It feels so muh better! I met with a school counselor and will be starting my Master's degree on 11/17 through the University of Phoenix. I'm excited at the opportunities that this will open up for me. And, it should only take a year to finish!

The weather in Texas continues to amuse us. Someone told us this saying, "If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 15 minutes and it will change." That is so true! In the past week, we have had two days with 4 inches of rain, then 3 sunny days, and now back to 2 more days of 4 inches of rain expected. I've officially put away the summer clothes and we are currently wearing OUR winter clohes. It's cold here. However, the locals continue to say, "Just wait until it gets cold." This worries me....you mean it's not cold yet? I think this weekend we will be buying more winter clothes.

Halloween is upon us this week. We are enjoying seeing the leaves change color and experiencing a true fall season. Everyone here decorates for Halloween. There are yard blow ups, pretend headstones, bats, pumpkins, ghosts and that yucky pretend cobweb stuff everywhere. I'm curious to see how many trick or treaters will ring our bell this Halloween!

We don't have any other exciting news to post, but I think that's a nice change for our family! No drama. Just enjoying life!

Hope everything is going well for everyone else.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment