The Fishgod Family

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

We have had an exciting week! I started my new job and am really enjoying it. The entire school staff has been welcoming. My team is very nice. And, all 14 of my students are sweet! The days have flown by and I'm looking forward to getting into a routine!
Friday was my first day with students. I had spent the previous two days getting my classroom ready and finishing district paperwork and training. Surprisingly, I didn't feel stressed.....just excited.
On Friday about 2pm, my Principal and Assistant Principal both came into my room. My Principal, Ms. B, said they came to check my stress level. I assured them that I was fine and things were going very well. The students were happily painting their pumpkins and everything was going as planned. Then I noticed the post it note in her hand.
She says, "Well, your daughter's school called and she was injured in PE. They think she needs taken to the ER for x-rays of her foot. We are here to cover your class so you can do what you need to do."
Ummmm. My first day.
I grabbed my cell phone and called Troy, who was working at home. He said he would get Meg and get her x-rays. He thought I should finish the last hour of the day, then meet them at the ER. I'm so lucky to have such a supportive husband!
Troy took Megan and they were finishing up at the ER when I called to say I was ready to leave school. (Gotta love this fast ER!!!). Anyways, Megan has a sprain and is on crutches for a bit. Evidently, she was running in PE and tripped. We're glad nothing is broken!


We did the traditional pumpkin carving today. As you can see by the pictures, neither of the kids were too impressed with cleaning out the pumpkin itself.



We had many trick or treaters come to the door tonight. The weather has been very cool and there were lots of people in the streets.
It's hard to believe the holidays are upon us. We realized last night that we have lived here nearly 6 months already! October is already over. Tonight we will experience our first time change....only a one hour time difference now from Arizona? Maybe Steven will sleep in later?
Oh well, I'm off to bed!
Betsy


No comments:

Post a Comment