The Fishgod Family

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A new friend

I recently became acquainted with another mom online. After exchanging information regarding Texas services, we figured out that we are virtually neighbors! Her family lives right in our neighborhood. Her son is 10 and very similar to Steven. Her daughter is 12.

We've been invited over to their house to swim tomorrow. I was a little anxious because of soooo many variables.....the things that were going through my head were answered by her before I even put my thoughts into words.

She tells me, "Our house is autism proof, so I'm sure Steven can't get into much. We keep everything under lock and key. And, everything's already broken, so he can't do much damage."

She says, "I hope you won't be offended, but my son tends to swim naked. We try to keep him clothed, but sometimes we just get too tired to fight it."

Also, "You can come over as early as you want....because we usually start our day about 3am."

Then, she tells me to hang on....she comes back a minute later to explain that her son has recently taken to peeing in the backyard. She's proud of his progress, but he's now wanting to pee anywhere. Been there. Done that.

I'm really looking forward to our day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh sounds like it will be a great match! Have fun and make sure to write about it :)

    ReplyDelete