The Fishgod Family

Sunday, June 7, 2009

An Epiphany

Yesterday, it occurred to me that I am feeling very much at home here. I had a few frustrating moments, then realized that I'm happier overall here than I was in Queen Creek. I still miss everyone, but I'm looking forward to making new friends here in addition to my friends back home.

The house is starting to feel like a home to us. We still have a lot of things we want to do, but we are doing a little bit each day to make it feel more like ours!

The grass is coming in in the backyard....spotty. But still, there is green! I'm playing with the arrangement of the backyard furniture, kid pool and grill to figure out what works best. Little details, but things that make it feel more like ours.
This week was a big one for finding the convenience features of our home! All this time, the garage door wouldn't open at the touch of the button and the clickers were never to be found. When the Brinks guy installed the alarm, he found that the breaker to the garage door was flipped off. He also programmed our alarm key chain thingy to open and close the garage door! Small things, but very cool!
Last night, we also figured out the sprinkler system! The front yard is virtually fixed, but Troy wants to install a few sprinkler heads. The backyard will need a little more work, but it's completely doable in a day's work.
This week, we are going to tackle the garage. We are renting a storage space, so I can start parking in the garage when everything gets cleared out of there!
Little things....but mean a lot.
Today we are going to pick up Megan's new mattress. (Let's see if she actually reads the blog!) Then, we will head to Ikea to get her new bedframe that she has chosen! Megan has graciously agreed that she will give up her bedroom for guests. In a few days, we will have a queen size bed for guests.....any reservations?
That's all for now:)
Bets


2 comments:

  1. The backyard looks great! Glad things are coming along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I started my new job today at USAA and we won't get a vacation for about 8 months to a year. However, please mark me down for one day in the future. A vacation to Texas would be fun. :)
    And yes, I have been following this fabulous blog. Its been fun.
    Love you,
    Jules

    ReplyDelete