The Fishgod Family

Monday, August 13, 2012

First Day Jitters


Today is my first day as an Educational Diagnostician.  I'm so excited and nervous that I couldn't sleep.  It is now 5:13am.  I have showered, dressed, and gotten everything ready for the day.  I just have to wait until 7:15 to leave.......

The plan for today is that I go to the Special Ed main office for 3 hours of training.  My mentor (who happens to be the lead Diagnostician for the district) will then take me to lunch and to my campus to introduce me.  I've been to my campus and seen my office but don't have keys yet.  I guess she will leave me there to get settled in?

Speaking of my new school, I think good things are in store.  It's located across the street....literally.  I will walk to school. They were very welcoming when I went by last week.  They are VERY HAPPY to have a new diagnostician.....every staff person I met stated that.  I'm sure there is a scoop there but I didn't want to ask!  The main secretary sent an email to let everyone know the floors were being waxed on Friday and we couldn't come in.  I was surprised to see the distribution list on the email said 'Timber Creek all'; betsy gilchrist.  I wonder if that means I am the only new person?

The next few weeks will be very busy as I get settled, develop routines, and get ready for students to start on 8/27.  The director sent an email stating that I had a "few transfer ARDs" to conduct before school starts.  I'm excited because it sounds like I will hit the ground running!

I will update later this week when my head is spinning....well, spinning even more than usual:)

B

1 comment: