The Fishgod Family

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Training

 I spent 7 hours at outdoor education training.  That means 7 hours of walking outdoor trails, doing science experiments, and visiting a wastewater facility.   The facilitator was ENTHUSIASTIC about science.  Politically correct way of saying she was over enthusiastic about every single science experiment we experienced today.  This was followed by margaritas at our house.  The district director of science came and joined me and my classmates at our house.  He seemed like that was a good idea.  We'll see when he comes to visit our campus on Monday!


Overall, it was a great experience.  The outdoor education facility is comprised of 5 trails where students do experiments and stations designed to stimulate their sense of inquiry.  Our school will be visiting the Outdoor Site on October 5th and 6th so today's training was a great opportunity to preview what the students will experience at our field trip.  I am so enjoying teaching this year and grateful for the chance to rekindle my love of being in the classroom.  Our science director, Jonas, said that he could see me fulfilling a district level position and that was encouraging!

B

1 comment:

  1. Now I want some stories about some of your students this year... Ang

    ReplyDelete