The Fishgod Family

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's Raining...no duh.

It's raining in North Texas. The weather reports state we have received about 7-8 inches of rain today in our area.
The local creek has overflowed and flooded homes right by us. One of the homes flooded was one we considered moving into when we looked for a home here! The river is expected to crest 14 feet above flood stage.
My school had leaks all through the building. In the teacher's bathroom, the water was leaking through the lights. In the music room, the water was seeping up through the floors. No one else seemed interested in the rain, but I continue to marvel at the weather we experience here!
At 11am today, I looked outside and the rain was so heavy I couldn't see anything! When I left school at 4pm, the skies were blue with some clouds. At 5:30, a tornado came through. It's 9pm and it's raining again!
I know it's trivial to others, but I am really amused today!
The Homecoming festivities at our rival high school have been cancelled due to weather. Tornado watches are in effect until 1am. And, it's still frickin raining!!!
I wonder if I will hear tornado sirens if they go off when I'm asleep?

3 comments:

  1. Where did you take that picture from? Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends posted it. She lives in the neighborhood right next to Meg's middle school. Crazy isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee Besty, your own salt river in you neighbor to go tubing. I was watching the weather and was wandering how much rain you folks received. How did the streets in area handle all the rain. Do they have the street flooding like they do in arizona with only 1 inch of rain. Jim

    ReplyDelete