The Fishgod Family

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Surgery


I posted earlier today about having surgery on Tuesday. I didn't add any details but didn't realize that people might be worried not knowing what was up. Troy suggested that I post more information so you all know what is happening.


I am having gastric sleeve surgery. This is a weight loss surgery that will be a tool in helping me lose my excess weight. I have researched it, attended educational seminars, met with surgeon, nutritionist, and has a psych eval. This is not a decision that I made lightly, but I do feel it is the right decision for me.


I will be entering the hospital very early Tuesday morning and surgery is scheduled for 7:30am. They will remove my gallbladder at this time, too. I should be out of the hospital on Thursday. Dad and Bev are coming on Thursday night and we are looking forward to some time hanging out at home while I recover.
Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have about this process.
Love ya,
B

1 comment:

  1. I was out of town, so I am just now catching up on my favorite family. Hope the surgery went well and you are recovering quickly.

    ReplyDelete