The Fishgod Family

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Last Day of School

Today was the last day of school. Usually when school ends, I am so excited to be done that I just celebrate.

This year, I was in tears. My students were too cute and I really will miss them. My school also has a tradition on the last day that is too cool! At the end of the day, everyone lines up in the halls and cheers as the "graduating" fifth graders leave the building first. The kids were in tears and I could tell they were really very sad to be leaving the security they obviously feel here. It brought tears to my eyes just watching them.

After that, the kinder kiddos get to walk through the hall and get cheered for! My students looked so proud as they walked through and were so excited to say they are 1st graders!

It was a very emotional day, filled with many smiles and tears. It was a great reminder of why I really teach.....you should have seen the kids.

Ahhh. Summer.

B

3 comments:

  1. Did you get some of those really cool kinder gifts? Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too awesome Bets. What a gift you've been given to give to those kiddos. They bless you and I KNOW you bless them. What an awesome dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet that they have a little parade. Are you doing kindergarten again next year?

    ReplyDelete