The Fishgod Family

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Report Cards

It's report card time for our school district. Megan and Steven received theirs yesterday. I got mine this morning online from University of Phoenix master's program.

Megan impressed us with her report card of all A's and 1 B+. Her teachers report that she is prepared, organized and participates well. She is thriving in her new school and is getting excited for high school next year.

Steven's report card pleased us, but perplexed us. Steven's "grades" reflect his progress on individual education goals and objectives that are written each year. He has mostly A's and B's and 1 C. Sounds great, right? But, then I look and see that he has 2 successes in 6 attempts.....that's 33%, but he got a B. He got a C in his goal for self-injurous behaviors. How can he get a C when he is biting himself 120 times per week????? I believe it's time a new ARD meeting with the team.

My report card also came. For those who don't know, I am working on my masters in Education curriculum and instruction. I'm on my third class and have a 3.78 gpa. I'm kinda disappointed in that....I was planning on 4.0. But, I guess I need to remember my high school grades and early college grades......(let's not go there).

So, I guess we're all doing well. Maybe we should make Troy go back to school too!

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work. It sounds like Megan is really enjoying herself. Are you sure you want Troy to back to school with his new jacket.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird about Stevie's grades. My kids are all pass/fail. Then they have their reports of progress sent home quarterly on their goals and obj.

    Congrats to you and Meggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super glad Megan is doing so well at her new school. Great Grades!
    Poud of Stevie Carter, no matter what the grades are, because I know he is trying! Grandma

    ReplyDelete