The Fishgod Family

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Master's Frustration

I have recently resumed courses to finish my master's degree in curriculum and instruction. I have 15 classes to take and will be done in about 16 months. I'm taking the courses on line since I am addicted to my laptop!

I like that I can wake up and write a paper from 1am-4am. I like that I don't have to leave my house to learn. I like that they have supports in place to help students succeed should they run into any problems.

That being said, I'm in week 2 and I'm already frustrated with one aspect of the program. It's these mandatory "Learning Teams". This is a small group of people who have to communicate, prepare weekly team projects and submit them on time. These assignments comprise 40% of my grade.

We have assignments due on Monday. NOT ONE PERSON IN MY LEARNING TEAM has participated. I have already started the essay, the power point presentation and the learning team charter. I've contacted my instructor. She says she will move me to another group tomorrow if my group doesn't participate today.

Great. I can give up my Sunday doing other people's work that should have already been done.

I'm definitely NOT choosing to work with these people in the future. Unfortunately, this instructor assigned us our learning groups and I had no choice.

Also, if you are reading this, can you please post a comment once in a while? I won't continue posting if there's no one out there reading.

Thanks!
Betsy

2 comments:

  1. Please keep posting. We love to read what is happening in your lives. You have a great way of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Bets...I typically catch up on my friends blogs first thing in the morning during the week. Love to know what's going on in your life.

    Good luck with school...I'm right alongside there with ya - we'll get through this together! Looks like by the time I get my Paralegal Certification, YOU'LL have a Masters!

    ReplyDelete