The Fishgod Family

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall

This upcoming week in kindergarten, our focus will be on the letter "L" and our theme will be leaves. We have many activities planned that all revolve around leaves. The homework one day is a "leaf hunt". Classwork on various days includes experiments with leaves, graphing results of these experiments, creating art with leaf rubbing. I kept pondering where children would get the leaves we need for these activities. I just naturally planned on going to a craft store over the weekend to pick up some fake leaves.



Then, I looked in our backyard....this is what I saw.

Turns out, there really is the season of fall! In the desert, this time of year is known as "cooling off" or "less hot". Here is North Texas, it's really a season. After raking the backyard leaves, I wandered out to the front yard. I knew that our front yard tree wasn't losing leaves, but looked down the street and saw the beautiful fall colors all the way down. It was kind of cool!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment