The Fishgod Family

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Reality TV

Maybe this should be titled random thoughts at 4am?  Whatever.  I'm awake.  My mind is rolling.  It's kinda scary how it works--my mind that is!   I can be thinking about one thing and it leads to another and another and comes full circle.  Anisa understands this.  Her brain works the same way.  Our friend Shane used to say we need to announce rapid changes of subject with a beep sound so he could keep up.  Whatever.


So this morning I'm making a grocery list for Thanksgiving and real grocery food list.  Because those two things should be two separate lists.  Why?  Cuz I said so and I am the shopper in this family.  Anyways, I started thinking that I could make a grocery list while I ride the DART downtown to a conference today and tomorrow. Then I thought about juggling the newspaper, my coupons, and my coffee on a moving train.   I started thinking about Extreme Couponing on TLC.  Then, I thought about the reasons those ladies started couponing.  Some were because of job stuff, others health stuff.  Then I thought maybe I should do that.  I have more time now that I have finished my degree.  Maybe I should invest my time in trying to become a crazy coupon lady.  Which led me to various reality shows.  Maybe I could create our own family reality show.  I mean the Simmons, Kardashians, and Osbournes do it.  I think we are far more interesting and exciting than they are.  Which led me to thinking about the holidays and family.  That led me to Thanksgiving.  Which led me back to the grocery list. 

If we did create a reality show, I'm not sure what our focus would be.  We're rather comical like those crazy families in "wife swap".  We have medical issues and events like those "Trauma:  Life in an ER" shows.  We have lots of airhead moments and mood swings like those crazy people on that MTV show where strangers live together.  But, we're not strangers.  So, does that mean the focus of our show should be family?  And who would want to even watch a show like that?  A crazy family, medical issues, airheads, moodswings, crazy couponing.....what would we even call it?

Okay, so I have all those random thoughts out. Maybe I will be able to sleep another hour or so before I have to get up and go to my conference today.  And the grocery list is done.....both of them.

B

3 comments:

  1. Wow. The only comment I have to that is....I love you! :) Thanks for sharing darlin'... Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Betsy! Always did love your stories!!! Have a GREAT holiday!
    Cappy

    ReplyDelete