The Fishgod Family

Friday, November 4, 2011

Hello November

This means the holidays have officially kicked off.  I am a little concerned about Target's marketing strategies because they had one aisle of Halloween, another aisle of Thanksgiving, and had already prepped 3 aisles of Christmas stuff.  I think they like all of the holidays......starting in August.

All in all, things are the same here.  Megan went back to school this week.  She's still easily tired, but is enjoying the social aspect.  It's amazing how smart she is.  She was out for 8 school days and is fully caught up in only 4 days.  We are so proud of her responsibility!  She is excited to begin swimming next Wednesday and even more excited coach put her in the meet next Thursday!

Troy's pain continues.  He had a spinal implant last week that was a last resort attempt to block the pain signals.  It was deemed unsuccessful and the implants were removed yesterday.  Today we will make the phone call to the surgeon to consult about what comes next.  Troy swears he heard the surgeon say he will do the fusion if the implant didn't work.  I swear I heard the surgeon say there were significant risks associated with a triple fusion and we would look at options if the implant didn't work.

Steven is doing pretty good in Abilene.  He is still giving them hell at school.  He really doesn't like his new teacher so he just walks to his old classroom next door and refuses to move.  I guess that's an improvement over the days when he would beat someone up to communicate his dislike!  He has impacted molars and will be having dental surgery soon.  I am awaiting that phone call providing details later today.

I'm doing okay.  I'm definitely worn out.  Last week was a difficult week at school and I took a mental health day last Friday.  My absence spoke loudly to the administration and some behavior management strategies and FOLLOW THROUGH FROM ADMIN have been implemented.  Today is a big meeting with all admin, interventionist, all fifth grade team members, and school psychologist to determine what we can do about the dynamics of certain kids in my class.  Somehow those challenging kids gravitate to me and feed off each other.  My principal swears this is luck of the draw-----I am convinced my luck consistently drives me to draw the short straw!

This weekend is a mellow one for Troy and I, but a busy one for Megan.  She has swim team photos today, swim girls sleepover tomorrow night, team breakfast on Sunday, followed by team paintball event.  I, personally, am looking forward to getting caught up on grading, laundry, and my shows that have been recorded on TV!

Have a great Friday!
B













No comments:

Post a Comment