The Fishgod Family

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chefs in the Kitchen

Today, Megan and I tackled the challenge of stocking up the freezer with ready made meals and snacks to gear up for school.  We are all focusing on increasing our protein and Megan has virtually eliminated meat from her food repetoire.....except for a rare steak once in a while.

We found some great recipes for  high protein meals, snacks, desserts, and even waffles!   Today we made and froze single servings of

Sugar Free Chocolate protein cake
Sugar Free Carrot Cake protein cake
Sugar Free Chocolate Raspberry protein cake
Southwest bites (crustless quiches with black beans, corn, green chiles)
Peanut Butter & Jelly bites (mini muffins, high protein and tastes like PB&J)
Zucchini bites (crustless quiches with zucchini, onions & bacon)

Tomorrow, we plan to tackle making frozen waffles, some frozen stews and soups, and maybe end the day with protein ice cream!

We are hopeful that we will be better about grabbing a quick breakfast from one of today's creations instead of going without breakfast on those early school mornings.

For anyone interested, I found many of the recipes on this website: 

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

When I went to her blog just now to get the URL, I saw her recipe for a raspberry cheesecake smoothie!  Yum!  I love the idea of eating these high protein desserts that are designed to help me shed the 10 lbs I gained on summer vacation!


And, I hope you are enjoying regular (although mundane) entries on the blog.  Please leave your comments if you love or hate the content so I know the blog is being read.:)

5 comments:

  1. Meggers is going meatless huh? Good girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog. Glad to hear things are going good. My food story: I dehydrate exotic fruits I come across at the store. Discovered DRAGON FRUIT and dehydrated sliced pieces of it. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Do you use your dehydrator to make beef jerkey too? That's what I'd love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...I'm so impressed! I should try doing that too cuz I'm bad with being on the go. You're inspiring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love love love reading anything you have on the blog! Keep them coming! Cappy

    ReplyDelete