The Fishgod Family

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to School

This week is back to school week for teachers.  Students start next Monday.  While Megan is enjoying sleeping in until noon, I am working hard at school preparing for my new group of students.

This year, I will be teaching 5th grade science.  For those that are worried, let me assure you by telling you two things.  First, the science program is very well laid out and I won't blow up anything or anyone by following the directions.  Second, be grateful I am not teaching math!



We have only been back for two days, but things are already better this year than last.  My new classroom is bigger, has windows, and is conveniently located.  There are 6 teachers on my team.  Three of us are new to fifth grade--in fact, two of them are first year teachers. 


I am learning how to keep track of my classes by color coding them .  We are on a block schedule so I only teach science to three classes each day.  The next day I teach the same science lesson to the other three classes.  I can't believe how much time I am saving in lesson planning alone!  This year, I have 106 students.....last year it just felt like 106 students!!!


All is well.


B

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that your year is already miles ahead of last year and that you're enjoying teaching again. Pray the rest of the year follows suit. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete