The Fishgod Family

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Update direct from Troy

I am cutting and pasting the email that Troy sent today for those that did not receive the initial email.

Hey everyone,

I just got back from the surgeons office and it’s looking like my body just doesn’t do well with steroids since they haven’t worked on my neck or back. So we talked about my back and he informed me that on the original mri, I have a disc tear around t10/t11. He said sometimes people will have a tear without any pain but others there may be fluid leaking which irritates the joints and tissue. He didn’t tell us about it before because he treats the pain and not the scan. So this next one will be an epidural and a massive steroid injection. He said one or two of these should take care of it as they will be using their strongest steroids. These are great doctors and they do everything according to protocol. They won’t waiver, skip a step or anything. He really doesn’t want to cut the nerves so we’re doing one or two of these and if there’s no relief then we’ll do a block test and then cut the nerves.

So there you have it, you know everything that I know!

Troy


No comments:

Post a Comment