The Fishgod Family

Monday, April 18, 2011

And so it goes.....

Troy's procedure does not appear to be helping his pain levels. He sees the doctor tomorrow for follow up and will (hopefully) find out what comes next. In the meantime, he is back in physical and occupational therapies.

Megan is continuing her physical therapy and doing well. Last Friday, her range of motion in her shoulder was 44% and today it was 67%. That is a huge jump and she is thrilled!

We are finally getting the hang of getting everyone where they need to be at the right times. I leave for school about 6:30 am so I can get stuff done before students arrive at 7:35. Megan rides the bus and leaves about 7:15. I dismiss students at 3pm, and leave school by 3:30 to pick up Troy and take him to physical therapy. Megan rides the bus home and arrives home about 4:15, which is when I get back from taking Troy to PT. Megan has a snack, then we head back to the therapy place by 5:00. From 5-6:15, Megan has PT and Troy has OT. When they are both done, we come home about 6:30 pm, prep dinner, Megan and I do homework, and we try to have some chill time. It makes for long days 3 times a week, but they are both benefiting and that makes us happy!

While they slave away at therapy, I have become a master at a mindless game on the iPad called "Coin Dozer". Do you remember that game at the arcade that looks a little like this?Well, I am the master of the game! I know I could make better use of my time sitting there, but it sure feels good to do something mindless for a little bit!

It's starting to get hot here......91 degrees today. There was talk at school that it might be "too hot to go out for recess". I muffled my laugh when I realized they were serious.

And so it goes in the Gilchrist house.

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment