The Fishgod Family

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Next year I'm getting a flu shot

It's true. I have no excuse for not getting a flu shot. My school provides flu shots on site for teachers. It's free. They schedule it after school and all staff shows up and gets the silly shot.

Only this year, I did not.

I had the hernia repair surgery and was on medical leave. Technically, I was not allowed on campus while on leave. I mean they wouldn't let me in campus for an IEP so why should a flu shot warrant an exception?

Now I know why.

Friday morning at 2am I woke up. I normally wake up at this ungodly hour to begin my day. No one knows why, but that is beside the point.

I had shakes, chills, headache, body ache, and couldn't think clearly. I stayed in bed and slept until 5:30. When I woke up, I was feeling worse instead of better. My clothes were soaked with sweat. So I went to school----actually Troy drove me to school---to make lesson plans for the sub.

I was home and back in bed by 6:30am.

Next thing I know, it's Saturday at 1pm and I wake up feeling a lot better. I'm still in recovery phase, but can think clearly enough to remember I need a flu shot next year.

Alot happened when I was asleep.

Megan also came down sick and was sent home from school on Friday. She is also on the road to recovery.

Troy drive himself to physical and occupational therapies.

I missed 11 text messages on my cell phone.

I missed 4 message on my cell phone.

Yep, next year I am getting a flu shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment