The Fishgod Family

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hurry and end 2010

Well, the year has been long. It's hard to believe it's already November, but we are ready for this year to be over!

I haven't posted in awhile. I'm feeling down in the dumps with everything going on and just got tired of it all. But, I've gotten a few requests for an update so here it is.

Troy - is on disability for his traumatic brain injury and neck/spine injuries. His neuro psych appointment indicates that he has "mental efficiency deficits" and requires additional therapy. The brain doc said his brain just needs to rest. On Friday, he will have another nerve block done on the right side of his neck. All the previous procedures have been on the left side. Now that he has recovered from that, they will do the block this Friday. Then, they will schedule his RF for the right side sometime next week.

Betsy - is on disability for hernia surgery that occurred unexpectedly last week. The hernia got bigger and more painful and needed a fix since my intestines were involved. That explains the "squish squish" sound I could make my hernia make when I pressed on it. I am allowed to go back to work next Wednesday and am looking forward to being in a routine again. It was a difficult week last week with neither of us able to drive but we made it through and now I am released to drive again.

Megan - has been having some bleeding episodes again and is anemic. She started a new clotting med this week and we met with hematologist yesterday. The change in meds appears to be working and they will see Megan again in 3 months. She continues to thrive in high school and enjoys her swim team. They are traveling to Houston this upcoming weekend for a meet. Then, she has two more major meets the following two weekends. At least those are local and we can be there for that. Oh, and I finally got my coveted yard sign to place in the yard! It must be a Texas thing, but these signs are placed in the front yard and say "Home of a Flower Mound Jaguar _________". Megan's says Swim & Dive in the blank. But, there are signs for choir, band, football, cheerleading, drill team, lacrosse, etc. It's kinda cool!

Steven - he's the lucky man! All is well in his world! He is making it full day in school and is down to 2:1 ratio at school. They were having some difficulties with him riding the bus. Initially he didn't want to get on the bus. So, they used a home vehicle to drive him to/from school. Then, they worked to convince him the bus was okay and Steven started riding the bus. The next challenge was convincing him to get OFF the bus at school. That is still a work in progress, but is successful more often than not. We sent the microphone down to Abilene and will be testing it out tonight. Assuming it is successful, we will post info for anyone else who might want to skype with the little man.

The holidays are coming up quick and we don't really know the plans yet. (Yes, I know that is a new concept for me, but I'm okay with it.) At this point, it doesn't look feasible for us to come to Phoenix or the Phoenix family to come here. So, we may have a low key holiday season and rest up for the new year.

We hope everyone else is doing well. I'll update more after Troy's procedure on Friday.

Betsy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bets. Sending you lots and lots of hugs and wish I was there to give them in person. Keep your lovely chin up as much as you can. You are always in my prayers.
    Today was just a bad day for lots of us I think.
    I love you bunches. Aunt Gwen

    ReplyDelete