The Fishgod Family

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Gift of Time


Today, my principal surprised me. She does that a lot. She is an amazing administrator who truly has the best interests of her teachers and the students at the forefront of every decision she makes. I've never had a principal who I respect so much and admire professionally.

Kindergarten teachers were given our Christmas gifts early today.....we got "the gift of time". This means that we were free to leave campus at 12:25 instead of 3:30. Another teacher on our campus covered our classes and we were kicked out. She said it's time for us to do something fun. Go shopping. Get our nails done. Take a nap. She didn't care as long as we left campus!

I left campus, had lunch with my wonderful husband, then ran a bunch of errands. It was truly a gift to have that extra time to run errands, grocery shop, get the car washed, and do a little holiday shopping.

I might catch that holiday spirit yet this year!

1 comment: