The Fishgod Family

Thursday, February 28, 2013

We have readers??? Who knew?

Wow!  I have been inundated with requests for me to update the blog!  I had stopped posting several months ago when I felt like I was just repeating the same old stuff.  Evidently, you people thrive on repetition so I will start blogging again and use it as a great way to save my memories of our lives!

Today is Thursday, 2/28.  Troy just got out of the hospital after a morphine pain pump trial.  Basically they injected morphine directly into his spinal column at varying dosages over the past three days.  The goal is to relieve the chronic pain he has been dealing with for nearly three years.

Overall, it was deemed successful....his pain is only at a level 6 instead of a 9.  Next week, we follow up with the pain doc.  Assuming he agrees, the next step will be to the surgeon to install the pain pump permanently.  For those that are interested, here is a link:

http://www.tamethepain.com/about-medtronic-pain-therapies/about-drug-delivery-therapy/index.htm

Troy was initially unsure if there were benefits.  I immediately saw him be more comfortable, his gait was better, and his face looked more relaxed (while the dose was right).  Here's a pic from the hospital. 
I haven't seen a genuine smile like this is a while!

For those that have worried we are worn out and feeling alone, please be assured that we are surrounded by wonderful people who care about us.  Megan spent the past two nights with the Paterson Family.  Yes, it is her boyfriend's family, but his Mom is a Super Eagle Spy and made sure they stayed separated all night long!  The Paterson's truly are an amazing and loving family and we are privileged to know them.  My dear friends at work have been in constant contact via email and texts and are nurturing my soul.  We have several neighbors who have helped out a ton!  A huge shout out to Terri and Courtney Robbins for caring for our dog Cooper!  And, a huge shout out to Kay and Nell, our lovely neighbors, who brought dinner over tonight.

So that is the basic update for tonight.  I'll post more tomorrow.  Thank you all for caring about us and wanting the updates!  We love ya!

Betsy, Troy and the kids


3 comments:

  1. You all four rock, even when the road gets rocky. Speaking of which, ya'll need some rocky road... and wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all on my mind and heart daily. Wish we were closer so I could help out. Know your loved and prayed for. God must have a huge calling for all of you. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the smile and cannot waiti to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete