The Fishgod Family

Friday, December 31, 2010

A new adventure every day

I love my school breaks. I am so productive and get things done around the house that I normally avoid....

I have been especially productive this week. Along with reading a book, playing scrabble, watching TV and taking naps, I have been able to clean out the fridges, take down the outdoor Christmas decor, put away all the Christmas stuff from inside and outside the house, wash/fold/put away all the laundry, and even mulched all of the leaves that had covered the backyard.

Since I have been so productive, we have generated a lot of trash. The town's code violation lady came by yesterday. We haven't seen her since shortly after we moved in so we thought our ranking in the neighborhood had risen. Alas, we are still the "bad neighbors". We got a warning violation for having trash in our dumpsters that prevent the lid from being closed completely.

Really? Someone actually wrote an ordinance about the aesthetic requirements of our trash dumpster?

We have until 1/6 to remedy the situation. I have decided to take no action at all until Monday, January 3. This is the day the debris removal people come through the neighborhood. I am going to pile all of our trash on the curb the night before (after 6pm per the ordinance). There will be boxes from Christmas gifts, bags of trash, huge bags of leaves from the backyard and maybe even some branches if I get around to trimming those. That should piss off whatever neighbor it is that calls to complain about our trash dumpster. Ooooh, maybe I should paint flowers or some other aesthetically pleasing picture on the dumpsters!

I still haven't found any help on the attic so I guess I will tackle that one box at a time today. I'm going to try and generate more trash on this project just so I can piss off a neighbor.

Cranky Betsy today. Need more coffee. And prozac.

No comments:

Post a Comment